Modern Steel panel prefabricated houses for housing chicken are designed with several parameters in mind.
- weather control. The Steel prefabricated panels are well insulated with the polysterene sandwich infill, regulating the interior temperature from the external weather.
- Easy to clean. The walls and floor should be easy to clean, with a cement plastered floor working best for this purpose.
- Security from predators. The houses should be well secured from predators such as cats and dogs. The walls and roofs should be well jointed to serve this purpose.
- Aesthetic appeal. The exterior of the chicken house should look neat enough so as not to be a sore sight to the neighbors. This prevents unnecessary complaints by neighbors regarding unsightly structures that breach the area building codes.
- Automated feeding and watering apparatus. Watering apparatus comprises of auto doser, filter, meter, main pipe, pressure controller, water level monitor, reinforced pipe, drinking nipple and water cup. Feeding apparatus comprises of feed box, driving motor,feed pipe, auger, sensor and feed pan.
6.Adequate natural light, ventilation and space.Approximately 1.5ft2 of floor surface per bird is adequate for indoor chicken coops.
Architect Francis Gichuhi Kamau.